Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 36

Today was somewhat uneventful. I was in Primary but didn't teach. I went over to my boss' house to watch the SuperBowl with him and his family, I took chips, dip and root beer. That was my service for the day...I also called a friend to see how she was doing. I recognize thinking of others and calling them is a form of service. It's something I do at least weekly but it isn't often thought of as service. I think of it more as something I "should" do as a good friend. When I think of it though, and when my friends call to check on me, it makes a real difference for me. I feel loved and thought of and like I matter. I also don't expect people to call and check on me, so when they do, it really does serve me. It's a form of service that may take a little time but certainly isn't hard to do.

Today after church, a woman from my ward came and dropped off a couple of books for me to read. One to borrow and one to have. She is so thoughtful and she knows some of my pain, she has been through a divorce but now on the other end, has found a wonderful husband and had more children and created a family with him. She was so blessed.

No comments: