Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3

I suppose I can't be perfect, I may actually miss a day here or there. Right?

Well, I think that may be accurate as far as intentional acts of service. Missing service altogether would only happen if I don't look for the service that I do or look for that which is done in service of me, daily.

I had intentions of going to my patient's daughter's house today (I found out the correct street). However I got off work later than normal and I was slightly carried away with preparations for our upcoming 3 Kings Day celebration. I also had a woman come over and talk to me about some things I've been going through and had a wonderful, inspirational conversation with her which had me wait too long to go see my new neighbor.

So what there is to "report" today is that I was of service at work on a slightly different level than usual. I assisted a co-worker in doing something that wasn't really our job so it would get done and one of us wouldn't be there a whole lot longer than the other. I may have done this somewhat grudgingly in the past but today I saw it as an opportunity.

This woman that came over today, is from my ward and the wife of a gentleman I know. I had never really spoken to her before other than through text last night and she took the time to come over tonight. We had a really great conversation. She did say things I already knew but she also shed some light, or at least a different light on some things for me that lifted me up. That is some serious service on my behalf and I am SO grateful for it. I am just soaking it all in along with Alma 32. And tomorrow, I will plan to make that visit to my new neighbor.

1 comment:

Janene said...

As human beings, we struggle with allowing others to serve us. Yet, by doing so, we are serving those who are serving us. It's an amazing concept and one that we tend to forget.