Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4

This morning I did my planned weekly visit to The Temple. It was my first time back to do baptisms since my Endowment. It felt good to be back. I enjoyed the peace that The Temple brings, it seems in any sort of emotional storm. I am SO grateful for the service I can do at The Temple. It doesn't feel like service, it simply feels like a blessing to me.

Today was finally the day we got to go see our new neighbor. I didn't get the loaf of cinnaburst bread I wanted to get from Great Harvest so I went to this little local cupcake place and grabbed a couple of mini cupcakes and wrote a note to take over. Seth and Aidyn clamored to be the one to hand them the cupcakes. It ended up, only her daughter was there and so we introduced ourselves and gave her the items to pass on to her mom.

What I noticed about that today is that as nice as it is to give someone something, I think the gift of time is more rewarding for the giver. I can't say which is more important to the receiver except that time has been a valuable gift to me over the past couple of days. I truly appreciate someones gift of time and their listening ear.

No comments: